The very FIRST recipe going up on the blog is…..drumroll please…..chicken burrito bowls! These hearty bowls are packed full with flavor and all four food groups! I love making this healthier alternative to tacos and burritos. This meal would even be great to make ahead of time and freeze for those of you who meal prep!
Step by step photo guide:
YOU WILL NEED:
Start by cutting up your boneless chicken breasts. Cook rice according to package directions. I used Simply Nature organic quick cook brown rice from Aldi.
Put about 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a separate bigger pot. Fry the cut up chicken for about 5 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle.
When the chicken is cooked through, add the taco seasoning, cilantro, and water. Drain the black beans and add to chicken. Mix well. Cover and let simmer on low until rice is done.
When the rice is done, add to chicken pot and stir well.
The rice will absorb the juices from the seasonings.
Plate it and serve with your favorite taco toppings! I used cheese, Greek yogurt, and taco sauce! YUM!
Chicken Burrito Bowls
3 tbs olive oil
2 boneless chicken breasts
1 cup rice
1/4 cup taco seasoning
1 tbs cilantro
1/2 cup water
1 can black beans
Your favorite taco toppings!
1. Cut up the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.
2. Start cooking 1 cup of rice according to package directions.
3. Put 3 tbs olive oil in a large pot, and start frying up the cut up chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until done and no longer pink in the middle.
4. Add 1/4 cup taco seasoning, 1 tbs cilantro, drained can of black beans, and 1/2 cup of water to chicken, mix well. Cover and simmer on low until rice is done.
5. When rice is cooked, add it to the pot with chicken. Mix well.
6. Serve with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy!