This recipe is simple, and only uses one pot. Those really are the best recipes if you ask me! This meal would be great for any meal of the day. I usually have this for dinner, because I just really like eating breakfast for dinner! This meal feeds 2 people, but can easily feed more by doubling the recipe.
YOU WILL NEED:
First, start off with peeling your potatoes.
Use your potato peeler to start shaving the potato until you have shaved the entire thing. This will get harder as the potato starts to get smaller, so be careful not to cut your fingers!
In a cast iron skillet (or your favorite frying pan) add about 1/4 cup of oil. Let that heat up and then drop your potato shavings in there.
Add the onion powder, parsley, rosemary, basil, garlic, and salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover and cook on medium/low heat for 15-20 minutes, or until done. You will need to stir the potatoes frequently, to be sure they aren’t sticking to the bottom of the pan. if they are, add more oil.
When potatoes are cooked, make 4 round little beds.
Crack the eggs in the beds, and let them cook for about 10 minutes, or until done to your likeness.
Top off with salt, pepper, parsley, and enjoy!
- 2 large potatoes
- 1/4 cup oil – more if needed.
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 1 tbs parsley
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE:
- Peel your potatoes. Discard the skins.
- Continue to shave the potatoes with the peeler until shaved completely.
- In a cast iron skillet, or your favorite frying pan, let 1/4 cup oil start heating up. Add your potato shavings.
- Add in all your seasonings and mix well. Cook until done, about 15-20 minutes.
- Make 4 holes in your potatoes, and drop the eggs in the holes. Cook until done to your liking, I cooked mine for about 10 minutes for a runny center.
- Top with salt, pepper, parsley, and enjoy!
This meal feeds 2 people.