As I was brainstorming for some yummy side dishes for Easter, I was reminded of St. Patrick’s Day, so I had to think of something green to make and share with you all – and who doesn’t love green salsa? 💚
YOU WILL NEED:
Start by peeling all the skin off of your tomatillos. Put them in a medium sized saucepan. Cut your jalapeños in half and scrape the seeds out. Add them to the saucepan. Add 3 cups of chicken broth to the saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, and let simmer, uncovered for about 5 minutes.
While that’s boiling, chop up your onion. Add onion, and all other ingredients (except those that are boiling) to the blender.
When the 5 minutes are up, use tongs to transfer your veggies to the blender. Pulse a few times, until it’s smooth – or chunky – enough for your tastebuds! Store in the fridge.
- 16 small tomatillos
- 2 jalapeños, sliced and seeded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbs cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 tbs lime juice
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 cups broth
- 2 tsp salt (add more or less for desired flavor, taste as you go!)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Peel the skins off your tomatillos. Add them to a medium saucepan.
- Half your jalapeños and take all the seeds out. Add them to the saucepan.
- Add broth to saucepan and bring to a boil. After it starts boiling, turn down heat and let simmer, uncovered for about 5 minutes, or until veggies are softened.
- Chop your onion. Add all ingredients, except those in the saucepan, in a blender.
- When veggies are done, add them to the blender as well. DO NOT ADD THE BROTH.
- Pulse a few times until the texture is how you like it, and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge.
With love, from me, to you.