This Alfredo is a staple in my house. I have always made this with chicken, but had no chicken this night so I went without it. I’ve also added bacon to this, which is super good! Just fry a cut up chicken breast in some olive oil, in the pan you will be making the Alfredo in, and cook until done and a little seared so it’s crispy, then add in the rest of the ingredients and make Alfredo sauce & noodles as instructions say.
YOU WILL NEED:
Add all ingredients except pasta and cheeses in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Add in your pasta and cover, turn down the heat and let it slow simmer for about 20 minutes.
At the end of the 20 minutes the noodles should have soaked up most of the liquid and look a little something like this:
Stir in your cheeses, and you’ve got a creamy Alfredo pasta that is waiting to be devoured!
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cream (you can use heavy cream, half and half, or milk!)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb pasta of your choosing
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients except cheese and pasta. Bring to a boil.
- Add pasta to pot and turn the heat to low, cover and simmer slowly for about 20 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Add cheeses, and stir.