No one wants a dry banana bread – and with this recipe you don’t have to have it ever again! This recipe makes a super yummy loaf, with crunchy walnuts and deliciously rich melted chocolate throughout. Did I mention it’s super easy?! It really takes me about 10 (or less) minutes to have it in the oven. It’s a winner!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (you can also use sour cream)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, mash up the bananas.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla, and mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix your dry ingredients together.
- Fold in the dry ingredients to the wet.
- Fold in yogurt, nuts, 1/4 cup chocolate chips, and mashed bananas.
- Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan, pour in batter.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then take out and let cool on a baking rack.
- Slather with butter and enjoy!