This is what we had for Cinco de Mayo! Super yummy, with fresh peppers in every bite!
I found a recipe online that used this “secret ingredient” for fajita sauce, and then created my own version. It turned out soooo yummy!
I served this over rice to make a chicken fajita bowl, but you could serve this in tacos, fajitas, burritos, really anything!
Keep in mind: this is quite saucy, so if you want to use for tortillas and burritos, HALF THE SAUCE RECIPE! Otherwise, let the rice soak up the saucy goodness 🤤
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs cilantro
- 2/3 cup A1 steak sauce
- 3 bell peppers – color of your choosing! I used red, orange and yellow.
- 1 small diced onion
- 1-1.5 lbs meat of your choice, I used chicken!
- Cut your chicken into cubes, put in slow cooker.
- Mix all ingredients together except peppers and onion and let marinate for up to 12 hours.
- Place diced onion and sliced peppers in slow cooker and mix well.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Serve over rice or with tortillas and enjoy!