Ryan went out fishing today on Lake Michigan, and came home with a salmon filet and 2 trout filets! ❤️ yummmm! I had some leftover tomato paste in the fridge, and figured, let’s make a sauce to go with our fish!
So I concocted something up and was quite pleased with the result. It was sooo good to mix with our rice and pour on top of our fish.
You could easily fry your fish and chicken in this, and experiment with other meats! It’s so yummy I think it would work with anything!
Without further ado…here’s the recipe:
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tbs minced onion
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sweet red wine
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- Salt & pepper, to taste
HOW TO MAKE:
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat
- Add the halved tomatoes and let cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add onion, garlic, and basil and stir for about 30 seconds
- Add flour and paste and stir well
- Slowly pour in liquids, making sure to whisk it together well to break up the flour and paste
- Let simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes, or until slightly thickened
- Off heat, whisk in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese