This one checks all the boxes for me. Potatoes, bacon, chicken fried in bacon grease, ranch, AND cheese?! Seriously so good.
A little secret I’ve discovered recently is cooking the potatoes in the microwave beforehand so they cook faster. You’re probably like, yeah…duhhhh Abbie…but seriously, how did it take me 5 years to figure that out?! I always complain how long it takes potatoes to get done.
I loved this meal so much that after my first plate, I was full – but it was so good, I needed more anyway.
I have made this before using actual ranch instead of just ranch seasoning, so you can do that, but I highly suggest going with the seasoning. It’s worth it!
YOU WILL NEED:
- Olive oil
- 4 small russet potatoes
- 3 tbs ranch seasoning, divided
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 2, but mine were quite large!)
- 4-6 slices bacon
- Salt and pepper
- 1-1.5 cups sharp cheddar cheese
HOW TO MAKE:
- Clean your potatoes and slice them into wedges. Place them into a bowl and sprinkle with roughly 2 tbs olive oil. Add 2 tbs ranch seasoning and mix. Cover and microwave for 10 minutes.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and place on paper towels to soak up grease when done.
- Discard all but 2 tbs bacon grease.
- Cut up chicken into bite sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Add to hot bacon grease and cook, stirring frequently, until done, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add 1 tbs of ranch seasoning to the chicken.
- Add cooked potatoes to the pot when chicken is done. Stir.
- Crumble up your bacon strips and add about half to the chicken potato mixture. Add about 1 – 1 1/2 cups of cheese on top. Cover and turn the burner to low and allow the cheese to melt.
- When cheese is melted, add remaining bacon on top. Sprinkle with parsley flakes and serve!