What other all American dish could I share with you guys on Memorial Day? This recipe for homemade chili dogs is seriously so easy, and tastes delicious!
I really like to toast the hot dog buns before adding anything on them. I do this in the oven with the broiler on high.
Once they are toasted, I add a little bit of shredded sharp cheddar cheese on the bottom. Then I add the hotdog, and spoon over the homemade chili meat over it. I top that all with more cheese, and stick it back into the broiler for a few minutes, just until the cheese is melted!
All I can say about this recipe is, you’d better have a big mouth to eat it! 😂
- 1-2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can tomato paste
- 3 tbs chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cheese, for topping
- Hot dogs
- Hot dog buns
- Chop up an onion and fry in oil until just starting to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Add ground beef, and chop up, stirring often.
- Once ground beef is cooked, drain if needed.
- Add chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Spoon over hot dogs and top with desired toppings!