Whether you’re serving this little beauty as an appetizer, side dish, main dish, whatever, it’s gonna hit the spot! The juicy and flavorful cherry tomatoes just explode in your mouth, and the crunchy bread is extra satisfying!
You can buy a French baguette at the grocery store, or you can make your own!
- 1 French baguette
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbs basil
- Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the French baguette into desired thickness.
- Toast the sliced bread for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Cut cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Add all ingredients except cheese, salt, and bread in a small saucepan.
- Mix well and let simmer about 5 minutes.
- Put a layer of mozzarella cheese on top of toasted bread, then spoon on the tomato mixture.
- Put back in oven until cheese is melted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt, and serve!